Thursday, August 11, 2011

Simple things used to crack us up so much.

We've lost it.

If there's one thing I miss, now living my life as an adult, it is the ability to simplify instead of complicate things.

I miss how looking at the starry sky while walking home when I lived in Lentor made me smile.

As we grow part of us erodes, and unfortunately it seems to always be the good parts that die off. Sad, sad truth.

How I wish I was starting Primary School next week instead of University. University. It still seems like a fantasy. Like the Far Away Kingdom in Shrek. Somewhere we thought we would never reach. But in a week I'd be thrown into the shark-filled ocean. I just hope I'll be able to find a couple of tiny islands for me to anchor on to take a breather, if the Dead Man's Float I learnt in the Water Proficiency Test isn't enough for me to survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment