Friday, November 23, 2012

At 12.32pm, something struck me.

I don't want what I've always thought I wanted.

My future was clear to me: Graduate with a decent GPA and get a bank job.

Why I've always aspired to be a banker, I don't know. I can't remember anymore. Probably a tiny bit of family (Sister) pressure and a lot of materialism and excitement thinking about what all the money could buy me.

But after having this illness and realizing that its triggered by the slightest bit of stress, I know my body isn't cut out for a 8am-4am banking job, as much as I would love the challenge.

I like Finance, and I find Accountancy interesting.But I don't want to do it, not for the rest of my life.

So at 12.35pm, I sit at the dining table staring at my Finance textbook wondering what I should do with my life.

I realised that hearing about someone having an awesome internship in the Fashion industry makes me insanely jealous. Hearing that someone with a fabulous bank internship/job doesn't make me so green, even after hearing the astronomical salary figure.

But is that what I want to do for the rest of my life? Because if that is, I have serious alterations to do to my degrees. I'm not a risk-taker and I'm not one who steers far from the conventional (Boring) life. Changing my career/life plan and path would be radical and I'm not sure I dare to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment