Monday, March 21, 2011

Today I went to this kids school at One Tree Hill where Jeanette has been working at to help out. They have classes for kids 2-3, 3-4 and 3-4 special needs. The kids in the special needs class are called Builders who are basically late bloomers. They are a little slower in responses than other kids their age and have to be guided very often. One of the Builders sat down in front of the gate upon entering, took out a story book and grabbed my index finger to point to the characters while he mumbles. The kids were all sooooo adorable!!

Doing this today made me rethink my career path and revisit my "passion". I've always wanted to be a pediatrician but the thought of the mugging in Med school and endless mugging AFTER graduation made me reconsider and decided to go for the more practical courses. This and watching the sufferings of the Japanese tsunami and earthquake victims when they don't have enough doctors to go around made me contemplate if I should try for Med.

Its really scary that I have to decide how the rest of my life will be at the age of 19. I wish there was a magic 8 ball which can help me decide, or maybe a fairy godmother to guide me. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment