Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Today I was talking to Mum over lunch, and we were discussing how lucky I am. Somehow I'll always meet certain important people at critical points of my life. In Mandarin we call that "Gui4 Ren2". So its pretty unjustified for me to say "Life sucks" because mine in fact does not suck.

Last Friday was the most nerve-wrecking day of my entire 19 years. The whole morning before collection of results I felt like puking. I had never been so nervous. When we all got to school, it started happening very fast. Sat down, top students went up, and then we queued. I was so, so, so relieved when I took my result slip from my CT. I spent the whole morning psychoing myself I'll be fine with 2 As, and my luck brought me beyond that.

Now I have a whole new list of options. And I can actually afford to look at scholarship options. (Ha ha) For the next few mornings, I took a moment to check if all of it was real when I woke up.

So just taking a moment to thank the Higher Power up there looking after me.

Oh and to tell everyone that after this episode, I believe in Karma even more. Do more good deeds, and less things against your conscience because someone IS watching you. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment